“Today, in our field, there is so much talent and recognition that we are reaching a saturation point. An artist should no longer strive only for breathtaking craftsmanship; he should, instead, try to help us live better, either by dressing the wounds that are constantly being opened by society, or by offering solutions to get us out of the mess we’re in…But it’s going to be difficult and we have a lot of work to do.” - Jean 'Moebius' Giraud

Monday, June 29, 2009

STEVE_commission


Hello, all. This is a commission of vintage WWII Captain America done for a fan in Charlotte. It took forever to draw. I really hope the fellow liked it.

It's going to be busy week starting today. I can't promise there will be another new post until the week hereafter. But you never know - I'm a liar.

And yes - I did indeed, cross-hatched the belly of that airplane in the background. That's what took so damned long. Anyway... enjoy.

13 comments:

j_ay said...

!Wow!

Jhomar Soriano said...

Galing, bagsik talaga.

Borch said...

I love your art, Mr Eric. ^_^

Awesome art!
^_^

SaintAegis said...

Good stuff, man.

KentL said...

That is amazing. Very nice.

Odd Voodoo said...

Fantastic Pic! Vintage Cap is one of my favorite designs!

andy kuhn said...

WOW! that is killer!

Tom said...

Awesome piece! I feel like I am right there in the action. Great stuff!

kalonji said...

amazing blog amazing art !!! everything 'round here is just speechless !!

awsome work !!

peace

shannon said...

Hey Eric-
I'm the lucky fellow who this piece is for and I LOVE it! Fantastic work. Thank you for taking the time to do it.

-Shannon

Brian Lue Sang said...

The time you took on this piece really shows, Eric! Wonderful work as always!

I love how much more you've been posting ever since you rebooted the blog. It's overwhelming in a great way!

Brian said...

Cross hatching at a con. You, Sir, are hard core and old school.

abhishek singh said...

the chips chips post is a stunner , AWESUM!!
and for this piece , it's LETHAL , the guy who's gettin this is being gifted a masterpiece :)
my respects